The Harley-Davidson Riding Academy is now available at Chicago Harley-Davidson! Riding Academy delivers the basics of motorcycle operation in Harley-Davidson® style. Begin a journey that lasts a lifetime today!
Offered at Chicago Harley-Davidson, the New Rider Course provides you with 25 hours of expert guidance from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Instructors.
- In the classroom, you'll get to know the motorcycle you'll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills.
- On the practice range, you'll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
When you finish the course, you'll get a MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card. The state test will be at the Secretary of State, date to be determined. The card may also score you a discount on motorcycle insurance. Ask your H-D® dealer and insurance provider for details.
For the New Rider Course, you'll need a valid automobile driver's license and a motorcycle learner's permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
For the riding portion, Chicago Harley-Davidson will provide you with a motorcycle suited for the course. You'll have to bring:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements